Thursday, July 18
Chester-le-Street, UK

Match Center

Mens First Team
Club Crest

Chester le Street Town


Northallerton Town

Northern League Div2 Saturday 18 August @ 3:00 PM Moor Park


For the first time since 1983, Chester le Street Town recorded a fourth consecutive victory at the start of the season after a stunning 7-2 victory over promotion favourites Northallerton Town. Chester made a dream start when they took the lead after only 45 seconds. The ball was played into the left side of the Northallerton area to Cameron Nichol and he turned well to fire a great shot into the top corner of the net. Nichol created another chance after 4 minutes but his shot was well blocked by keeper Thomas Dawson. After 16 minutes the ball was played down the right to Owen Henderson and he pulled the ball back into the middle. Christopher Stephenson let it run through to Kieran Megran but he fired is shot just over the bar. Northallerton equalised after 39 minutes. The ball was played through to Kerry Hedley and he slipped the ball to Nicholas Martin and he made no mistake to fire in. The following minute, Richard Walker moved down the right and drove the ball into the middle and it hit the head of Alexander Walker and looped into the net. However, their lead was short-lived, as after 42 minutes, Nichol received the ball on the edge of the area, turned inside and fired a great shot low into the corner of the net. Chester le Street regained their lead after 40 seconds of the second half when Nichol won possession inside the area and lifted the ball over a defender for Megran to fire in.  They then increased their lead after 53 minutes. A corner from the right was played to the far side and Nichol hit  a first-time volley from the corner of the box and it went like a rocket into the far corner. Two minutes later, Lee Mole broke through but Dawson made another good block. After 66 minutes, the ball was played over from the left for Nichol to find Henderson but his shot curled just wide of the post. The Cestrian’s continued to press forward and after 73 minutes, Nichol got the ball on the edge of the area and quickly slipped it inside to Harry Whisker but Dawson made another good block. Northallerton should have reduced the deficit after 74 minutes when Christopher Dickinson was played through the middle but he fired his shot wide of the target. Chester then extended their lead after 76 minutes when Whisker intercepted a back-pass and coolly went around Dawson to fire in. Chester scored their sixth goal after 84 minutes when Nichol moved down the right, cut into the box and slipped the ball through for Stephenson to fire in. The rout was completed with after 86 minutes when the ball was played through to Whisker and he raced into the box to fire in. A great all-round performance for start to finish.

 Match Officials: Mr. Christopher Joyce, South Shields, Mr. Ian Frostwick, Carville & Mr. Jack Whitfield, Whitley Bay

Chester le Street Town 7 - 2 Northallerton Town

  • Saturday 18 August 2018 @ 3:00 PM
  • Northern League Div2 
  • Moor Park
  • Attendance: 106
  • Referee: Christopher Joyce
Joe Grant Joe Grant Kieran Megran
Danny Hepplewhite Calum Greaves
Harry Whisker Harry Whisker Lee Mole 2
Connor Lyon Connor Lyon

Previous meetings

24 Feb 18 3:00 PM Northern League Div2 Chester le Street Town vs Northallerton Town 1 - 3
03 May 18 7:45 PM Ernest Armstrong Cup Northallerton Town vs Chester le Street Town 0 - 1
18 Aug 18 3:00 PM Northern League Div2 Chester le Street Town vs Northallerton Town 7 - 2
12 Jan 19 3:00 PM Northern League Div2 Northallerton Town vs Chester le Street Town 1 - 2
19 Apr 19 12:00 PM Ernest Armstrong Cup Chester le Street Town vs Northallerton Town 0 - 3